Tuesday, August 23, 2005

100

I woke up the other morning to nearly 100 great blues fishing the harbor outside our deck in Northport Harbor, Prince Edward Island.

I have some pictures of which I am very proud, but it's obvious that I have some work to do in learning how to translate them from my new camera to the computer.   So this one will have to do for a few days.

This entry is really just a "Hey."  I've been trying to catch up on my reading and commenting, something of a hopeless endeavor, and I'm going to give up until the end of the week.  I started back to school today (a week of teacher meetings), the pastor and I are trying frantically to put the finishing touches on this fall's adult education program at our church so we can print the brochure, and the lovely daughter goes off to college day after tomorrow in the company of her father and brothers. 

Ahhh.....from the company of herons to the company of high school students.  Not quite the same.

P.S.  It's a raven.  Huge bird with shaggy throat feathers (not visible in the particular photo I chose.)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did say 100! I feel blessed when I spot 7 or 8 in the local rookery tree. What a joy. :-)

Jackie

Anonymous said...

    That is a fabulous photo!
Jude
http://journals.aol.com/JMoranCoyle/MyWay

Anonymous said...

I hope you figure out the computer/camera connection soon.     It's a busy time of year.    Good luck with the start of school and everything else!

Anonymous said...

I love herons.  I have a collection of "heron art" in my family room, and the garden outside my back door is filled with various heron sculptures of metal and/or wood.  I'm so glad you had that time to admire the wildlife.  Lisa  :-]

Anonymous said...

I think it's a great picture!  Good luck with getting settled in.... Pamela

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! The way you manipulated the water to look like the globe is a touch of genius!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful!!
V

Anonymous said...

If you ever choose to give up any of your other careers, add photographer to the list of those that could easily be open to you.  Wow.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful photos! ~ Lori

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the best of your best herron photos.  I have two I see frequently and get quite excited about them.  I can't imagine 100.  Good luck with the college drop off.  Ours went well overall.

Anonymous said...

Awesome photo.
Tami

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the new school year!

Anonymous said...

Hey.
Judith
http://journals.aol.com/jtuwliens/MirrorMirrorontheWall

Anonymous said...

cool photo!

Judi