Tuesday, August 9, 2005

Upbeat

I just discovered that the dog peed all over the sunroom floor. 

But then as I took the bucket of water outside to dump, I discovered my son's suitcase sitting on the back porch.

(We learned last night that it had taken a shortcut to Chicago, thanks to the Brits.  OK, fine; I'll be in Chicago at the end of September.  But I suspected that the suitcase wouldn't stay there.  It seems to like to travel.)

Now there is just the most horrific rash all over his hands to deal with -- he's guessing it's a reaction to some Spanish seafood dish.  (And no, Lisa, I'm not blaming the Spanish --or the English --  the same thing happened to him years ago via an IRISH seafood dish in ANNAPOLIS.)

I'm blaming the squid or scallops.

But anyway, I caught the dermatologist the day before he goes on vacation, so I'm not complaining yet.

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The airlines hate my luggages too. They usually send it back to where it originated. I have a mercury allergy and shellfish contains mercury so I break in hives when I eat it. No, it does not matter what nationality the shellfish is, I am allergic to it if it has mercury in it. LOL.  

Anonymous said...

My identical twin is allergic to shellfish, but I am not.  Go figure...
Judith
http://journals.aol.com/jtuwliens/MirrorMirrorontheWall

Anonymous said...

Hope he`s OK!
V

Anonymous said...

I need to get Shelby to a dermatologist after this nasty herpes outbreak...she has some weird thing on her finger, now...