Thursday, August 4, 2005

That Terrible Rupture

Kat, the generous writer and gifted photographer of Walk With me and From Every Angle, lost her sister and nephew to a dreadful car accident yesterday. 

There are no words for that. 

Everything changes.  People who were here are not.  They are somewhere else. 

There are no words for that.

People disappear from the face of the earth in an incomprehensible instant.  No matter how beautiful, how smart, how talented, how treasured, how needed.

There are no words for that.

Kat shares the beauty of the natural world, from its smallest creatures to its most massive moutains, through her photographs, and hundreds of people from all over the place share in her grief.

There are no words for that, either.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no...  I just hate hearing this.  With my heart in my throat, and tears in my hand, I'm on my way to Kat's journal right now to lend support.  Oh my...
There are no words,
Judith
http://journals.aol.com/jtuwliens/MirrorMirrorontheWall

Anonymous said...

Oh, that is so terrible!!!

Anonymous said...

I was shocked and horrified to read Kat's entry in her journal last night.  There simply are no words that can help in those horrendous circumstances.  I too kept waking up throughout the night thinking what she, and Amelia, must be going through.  The loss just seems so senseless and incomprehensible.  Stacy

Anonymous said...

Yes...the news hit me like a ton of bricks.  Having lost a sister myself, and not in so terrible and shocking a way, I can in some miniscule way, relate to her grief.  And then to lose her nephew, too...  That would have been too much to bear.  She is in my thoughts as she travels to Indiana to be with her family...  Lisa  :-]

Anonymous said...

Yes. Some things are just unexplainable or can only be felt... I can feel your sorrow over this... Hugs and prayers...

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your heartfelt words.  Nothing can prepare us for facing a tragic loss like this.  I thank God for the compassionate support I have found here in j-land.   It has really helped a great deal.

Anonymous said...

This news saddened me so.  It is such a horrible, horrible day.
Tami