Sunday, August 1, 2004

Cameras and Barns

Some people have asked about my camera -- it's a Canon S30 PowerShot.  Of course they don't make it anymore but, for comparison's sake: it has a 7.1-21.3 mm zoom lens, f-stops 1.28-4.9, 3.2 mega pixels.  Nothing fancy, a decent beginner's digital camera -- slow, with some macro capacity. To the extent that my images have any real shaprness of focus or intensity of color, they have been manipulated a bit via Paint Shop Pro.  Paint Shop Pro is also responsible for my ability to fool around with shapes and colors (see the Spider Web coming up in the near future).  Since I'm just learning my way around the camera and Paint Shop Pro, I'm not in a big hurry to upgrade.

It's funny -- I'm a pretty uncoordinated and nonmechanical person.  I couldn't sew curtains or even recognize a component of a car's engine to save my life.  But I have loved my cameras and my darkrooms even since I got my first Kodak Brownie for my ninth birthday.  Here's more of one reason why:

Northern Michigan Barn

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was looking for other fitness journals other than mine & came across yours. I am an amateur photographer myself. I was raised in Michigan until I was 9. You have captured the essence of the country side there most excellently. Good Luck! Gabreael

Anonymous said...

Wow, I have a Canon PowerShot S30 too. It was my birthday gift from my hubby 2 years ago and it's too soon to upgrade. I've only really been using it this year, after getting my new PC. It was such a pain to upload on my old one, I wasn't using it.

I have PhotoShop and the only manipulating I've done so far is to resize and maybe crop, and I adjust contrast and/or brightness in the film shots I scan cuz those lose something in translation.

And I, too, have loved taking pictures since getting my Brownie Starmite back when I was about 7 or 8. But I never had a darkroom.

Anonymous said...

I have never seen a barn quite like that.  

Anonymous said...

These barns are marvelous.  Thanks for sharing.