Saturday, August 21, 2004

Ok, I Found Something to Wear...

and so I'm coming to the J-Land Anniversary Ball (http://journals.aol.com/viviansullinwank/AOLJournalsstAnniversary/entries/369)!    I'm not really much for events where there are lots of people, so I've done just what I would do in rl:  procrastinated as long as possible, went to Talbot's because even though I don't really wear Talbot's clothes anymore, I thought they might have something; found a jacket and had them put it on hold; went across the street to Nordstrom's where the clothes are slinkier but my bod still isn't; went back to Talbot's and put this together:

So I'll be there, lurking along the edges with my Limonata, talking to my several internet friends of many years who have also shown up in J-land, and looking for some of the intriguing writers I've encountered here for the first time. 

Marion, you'd better show up in your Chinese outfit!

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL, I'm confused where we are supposed to show up, but if I figure it out, I'll wear my Chinese outfit.  I have one for my dog as well.  I should put it on her and take a picture and post it, I guess.

Anonymous said...

I love it!  It looks really comfortable!

Anonymous said...

This is late -- but your Talbot's outfit is just sublime.  I don't have much call for their clothes either, but I do still have one of their red Icelandic Wool sweaters that I cherish. Cherish, but don't wear because it fell victim to one of my step-daughter's first attempts at laundry. (Laughing)  Sigh, at least she learned why you don't put wool in the washer.

P.S. - Love reading your journal!  Your photos are wonderful!