Saturday, August 14, 2004

Oregon

Multnomah Falls (top half, above the portion pictured yesterday), Columbia River Gorge, Oregon

One of my friends commented that we really got around when we spent our three days in Oregon, and I guess we did.  Three college visits, one each morning.  An afternoon of wandering around Portland, taking the trolly, visiting Powell's Book's (incredible!), eating gelato, and then driving a little way down the Columbia River Gorge. An afternoon trip to the coast, with a long walk down the beach and a fun walk through the artsy little shops.  An afternoon lunch with two internet friends of five-plus years -- a wonderful chance to connect names and voices and children to longstanding screen names and personas.  An evening at the Portland Timbers' soccer game -- a young man whom we have watched play soccer from grade school through college has realized a lifetime dream of going pro in Portland.  The only thing we missed from my list was dinner with friends who recently moved to Portland with their son who is a friend of my boys.

And yes, I would love to climb to the top of Multnomah Falls.  Next time I'll know to arrive earlier and bring food!

Walked:  4 miles.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have been teased relentlessly with the beauty of Oregon for months by Monica and now by you!!!!! A lot of AOL-J people live in Oregon.  I truly want to visit after realizing the magnificence of the state!

Anonymous said...

Of course, I live here, and, of course, I agree with your assessment of the beauty of Oregon.  Lisa  :-]