Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Oh-h-h-h-h-h.........

I am so tired that I can hardly move. 

I need a complete transformation in body rhythms in the next few days or I simply will not make it through next Monday (which happens to be both the first day of school for our students and my first class at night for the semester in my master's program.  I'll get home around 10:00 p.m.).

I went out for a walk at 6:30 this morning but then, woe is me, I couldn't say, oh I'll get that stuff together by 10:00.  Or 4:00.  Or maybe tomorrow.  No no no no -- I had to shower, dress, copy a lot of stuff for my son, and get out of here for a full day of meetings. 

I see that I much prefer the summer lifestyle.  The one where nothing ever has a deadline.  The one where you have almost complete control over the number and often the temperaments of people with whom you will interact during the course of the day.  The one that is nothing remotely like a high school lifestyle

I'm sure my stress level peaked, albeit completely unconsciously, when I took my son to the airport at the end of the day to put him on a  plane to Paris.  Well, Detroit, actually.  But Paris sounds so much more romantic.  And if all goes well, he will, in fact, be getting on a plane to Paris once he gets to Detroit.  Anyway.  I am so excited for him.  The sophisticated (if you can call it that) college man was practically dancing down the airport passageways.  Tomorrow he will be having dinner with his French family of two years ago and, the next day, getting a tour of Vitre, the city to which they have moved from Rennes, where he lived with them.  Tonight, though, he has to get across the ocean.  This is my spaciest child.  Thankfully, no one on that plane is dependent upon him to get them there.

I've been to the grocery, where I mostly wandered around in a daze, and now I'm going to have a muffin and curl up somewhere and pass out.

I hope that all of you with kids starting school this week are saying a prayer of gratitude for their teachers, who are no doubt comatose on couches across the country.

 

Walked: 3 miles.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A prayer is definitely going up for all those teachers.  {{{{{Ocean}}}}}

Anonymous said...

You have given me an inspiration.....  I will start logging my daily excercise in my journal!  

Tracy

Anonymous said...

Comatose, with snacks handy!

Lisa
journals.aol.com/eviltwin13/Title13

Anonymous said...

Oh I so agree with you about the summer schedule.  We've been back in school mode for a couple weeks and I am still fighting it.  I wish life was one big summer vacation.  Even though I work during it, there is something about summer that takes over and makes me happy.  I hope are off to a good start and get some energy back soon!  Pamela