Sunday, August 15, 2004

Home!

I'm so happy that I'm just kind of loopy -- my son The Camp Counselor is home!  His dad picked him up in Chicago and they got here last last night, just after my daughter got home from The Feast of the Assumption Street Festival in Little Italy, down the hill from us.  We are almost all back together.

I really don't have much to write about -- I'm just incredibly thrilled to have him home.  He spent his junior year of high school in France, his senior year away at school in New England, and started college in Chicago last year, so he hasn't  been here for more than a couple of consecutive weeks in a long time.  And then his summer seemed to be getting off to such a disappointing start, with mono and the threat of several weeks in bed.

So I am thrilled for him that he got what seems to have been a wonderful summer in North Carolina, with many challenges as a counselor and many new friends from around the world, and equally thrilled to have him here, curled up in the living room this afternoon and helping his dad make dinner right now.  He has such a relaxed and sunny disposition that I think he would brighten any household, but especially ours!

He got a digital camera this summer so we had fun showing off for each other this afternoon.  I have a new short series to share here and there:

Oregon Rain Forest

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The pictures are very dark and I see beautiful green moss colored grass in the left two........my daughter moved to Louisville in Feb...I never see her enough and miss her terribly. I understand the joy you are feeling.